Sunday, January 6, 2008

Should Huckleberry Finn Be Taught In School???

I think that Huckleberry Finn should be taught in school, but taught to a higher grade level. I don't think Huck Finn should be taught to a ninth grade class because not a lot of ninth graders might be interested in this kind of old book. Some actually enjoyed Huck Finn, but some other ninth graders either didn't really understand the book, or just didn't find it interesting. If a tenth or eleventh grade class read Huck Finn, they might enjoy it more because they might comprehend it a little more then a ninth grader.Honestly, I think the book is a tiny bit boring. I had a hard time comprehending the story. But after I watched the movie, I understood the book more. so, I do think Huck Finn should be taught in school, but I just think it should be taught in a higher grade level because I think that a higher grade might understand the story more.

No comments: